question

nick-moody avatar image
nick-moody asked

Phoenix Inverter - Cerbo GX comms issue

Hi,

My Phoenix 12v 250VA is connected to my Cerbo GX via a V.E Direct cable (1 Meter). After a period of time (if I don’t use the Inverter for a while) the Cerbo shows the Inverter as disconnected.

The fix is to power off the Inverter using the rocker power switch for 30 Secs or so then power up after which it shows as connected on tbe Cerbo. Rebooting the Cerbo does not resolve it, I need to power cycle the inverter to get it reconnected.

Any ideas? The Cerbo / Inverter are running the latest firmware. I also have an MPPT and a BMV 712 connected to the same Cerbo which never get disconnected.

Cheers,

Nick

cerbo gxPhoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

The inverter maybe turning off as you may have eco mode turned on.

so turn that off and see if that fixes it

if it does then turn eco back on and the next time it happens turn a load on so the inverter restarts and see if it then shows.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nick-moody avatar image
nick-moody answered ·

Hi Paul, The inverter is in ‘on’ mode although I do power it on / off with the inverter control switch. I think something has changed in the recent firmware releases as I’ve since seen posts from other members noticing similar behavior with regards to the Cerbo GX no longer showing the inverter as connected.

I’m going to try using the Cerbo software to power on / off the Inverter to see if that keeps the comms up. It’s not my preferred method though as I much prefer to use the actual switch to power on / off the inverter. It’s a faf going into the Cerbo controller panel to do it.

Cheers.

2 |3000