question

rafka avatar image
rafka asked

Feature Request: VRM Portal switch for balanced grid billing

As of Venus OS Version 2.80 the ESS mode "Total of all phases" is working symetrical and is taking into account a balanced grid billing. But the VRM portal is still not able to give reports or overviews, which take balanced billing into account.

This has the effect that the overviews are in fact correct if you look at phases seperately but not for the total of all phases (at least from a billing point of view).

For example I took some screenshots from my installation with data from the last 6 months.

system-overview.png

As you can see in the system overview it states that my system took 1927 kWh from the grid in the last 6 months.

But when I have a look on the advanced widget for grid and switch to total of all phases this number doesn't make sense.

total-grid.png

As you can see here, there was nearly zero withdrawal from the grid.

I therefore assume that the overviews and also the reports are counting for every phase separately.

This means also that the numbers in the ecomnomic report are not correct if your grid billing is balanced.

It would be nice to have a settings switch to choose how the overviews and reports are calculated.

At the moment the realy amazing pontential of the VRM portal is just lost for me and probably for many other users as well.

VRMfeature request
total-grid.png (68.5 KiB)
1665122982336.png (66.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

VRM login page

VRM documentation

VRM API documentation

How to change the Owner of a VRM installation

The feature requests topic tag can help Victron R&D find feature suggestions for products. 

There are many factors that go into the Victron product roadmap, and feedback from end-users can help.