question

-ed avatar image
-ed asked

Second Watt measurement displayed on VRM’s PV Charger.

Equip: Victron SmartSolar 250/100 MPPT, Quattro, Cerbo, Pylontech

Does anyone know what the second Watt measurement reading in the expanded details below the PV Charger in the VRM is? I circled it in red in the image pasted below. The measurement is always higher than the larger wattage reading. Is it the actual Watts generated by the PV panels? Is the difference between this measurement and the large main measurement an efficiency loss measured by an internal shunt built into the MPPT? Could the loss be improved? Where exactly are these measurements being measured or calculated from, and what does the difference between the two measurements signify? My Victron agency does not know, and I didn’t find it in the manual. There’s probably a good and logical reason so any info/ideas would be appreciated.

img-3773.jpeg

MPPT ControllersVRMSolar Panel
img-3773.jpeg (196.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @-Ed-

Like you suggest, it's derived from the panel figures. It may not be of interest to you, but those users with multiple mppts can see what each one is doing, including what each solar array is generating in V and I. So it's a little added feature. With multiple mppts the main figure is the total of all, and some users aren't happy if they can't see the split on the dashboard.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
There is also some timing variances in reporting, so one number may not always match another.
1 Like 1 ·
-ed avatar image -ed nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Hi @nickdb

Yes, timing differences due to the delay, and also efficiency differences. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
-ed avatar image -ed commented ·
Hi @JohnC

Thanks for clarifying. Now I know, if another MPPT is added in the future.
0 Likes 0 ·
ludo avatar image
ludo answered ·

Highest value of the day ?

1 comment
2 |3000

-ed avatar image -ed commented ·

Highest value is close the max rated for the arrays.

0 Likes 0 ·