question

johnparvic avatar image
johnparvic asked

SmartShunt Missing in Action!

Hi all

I have a SmartShunt connected via VE.Direct cable to a Cerbo GX.

It has been working fine, but this evening it has disappeared from the GX touch/remote console and VRM is not showing it.

I can connect to it with VictronConnect and it looks OK, but why has it disappeared from the devices on the GX?

Thanks

Kind regards

John

cerbo gxSmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
johnparvic avatar image
johnparvic answered ·

I should have said, I've tried rebooting the Cerbo and resetting the power to the SmartShunt. Still the same.

John

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johnparvic avatar image
johnparvic answered ·

I ended up unplugging and replugging the VE.Direct cable at the Cerbo and now it works!!

Any ideas what was happening?

Thanks

John

2 |3000

bgardiner avatar image
bgardiner answered ·

Hi John,

I have the same problem with a second smart shunt. It only started since the last update to v2.90. In my case if the smart shunt is configured as a battery monitor, then it works OK - but as soon as its changed to DC monitor, then it dissappears from VRM. It worked perfectly before the update. I've listed this twice now as an issue, but had no response.

Good luck,

Ben.

2 |3000

johnparvic avatar image
johnparvic answered ·

Hi Ben

Seems like my problem is still there. I rebooted the Cerbo for other reasons, and the SmartShunt disappeared again.

Unplugging and replugging the SmartShunt made it come back again.

This definitely requires further investigation!

Kind regards

John

2 |3000

hsteinhaus avatar image
hsteinhaus answered ·

Same problem here - SmartShunt is gone after the system was powered down completely for a month. Reboot did not help.

2 |3000

hsteinhaus avatar image
hsteinhaus answered ·

My smart shunt was gone again after powering up the system after another 2 months of storage of the RV with house battery switched off. Disconnecting/reconnecting the VE.Direct cable to the Cerbo did not resolve the situation.

However, power-cycling the shunt itself by disconnecting/reconnecting Vbat+ helped. Side note: the "missing" shunt did not blink the blue LED. After power cycling, it instantly started to blink.

For me it looks like the firmware (v4.08) of the shunt might crash during the DC power up transient. I do not use a precharge resistor yet, so there might be some contact bouncing from the DC switch.

2 |3000

Galin Radoslavov avatar image
Galin Radoslavov answered ·

Try to update she smart shunt to the 4.12 over GX platform=

My shunt wosrk perfect last 2 years.

geit.jpg

geit.jpg (78.3 KiB)
2 |3000