question

bocas-uflex avatar image
bocas-uflex asked

Multiple Smartshunts with Cerbo GX

Hello, I'm currently setting up a boat as follow:

1. smartshunt house battery bank
  2. smartshunt for bow thruster & engine 1 battery tension
  3. one smartshunt for AC battery bank & engine 2 battery tension

cerbo GX & GX touch 50 for monitoring the full system.

Is there any special configuration I have to do to show all ?

Thanks Guys!

cerbo gxSmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

As far as I know you can only select/show one smartshunt / Monitor at a time on the cerbo and this is done in the setting selection area,

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

safiery avatar image
safiery answered ·

You can see many smart shunts. Do this: login with Victron connect. Update the smart shunt to latest firmware. Then select gear wheel for each shunt and select “misc”. Then select the type of power/energy measurement. There is a long list of current source and load devices showing. Then rename and save. They will all appear on the device list but more importantly on the dashboard of the VRM

1 comment
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·
But not on the cerbo
1 Like 1 ·
duane avatar image
duane answered ·

You can show all 3 by using a raspberry PI and Grafana

With a custom dash

1 comment
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·
For sure and you can do this on a cerbo as well, but not in its standard form, Kevins mods are getting close and he may even add this as one of his screen one day
0 Likes 0 ·
duane avatar image
duane answered ·

313f53f4-ff7f-4cfe-a9b8-f8fcfde7b3b8.jpeg

2 smart shunts

3 solar controllers

1 inverter

2 |3000