question

Fra avatar image
Fra asked

Bug in Víctron Connect??

hello, i think after an update i noticed a bug in the victron connect app.

In the section "trends" of the smartsolar under the heading "battery temperature" nonsense values appear. The temperature is received via VE SMART from the smart battery sense.

in the trends of the Smart battery sense the bug is not present.

thascreenshot-2022-09-25-17-09-27-774-comvictronenerg.jpgnk you

VictronConnectsmart solar set-up helpVE.Smart Network
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Perhaps the odd readings occur if the Bluetooth signal from the SmartSense is being corrupted because the signal is weak or there is interference when the wrong numbers are plotted. That way, the SmartSense knows what it is sending but the MPPT is recording the wrong number and it is not a bug. As an example I have Bluetooth level senders on my LPG tanks and initially the Bluetooth reception by the Cerbo GX was not very good and I got incorrect level readings sometimes, other times they were correct. I improved the reception and now get correct readings all the time.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mkuiken avatar image
mkuiken answered ·

Hi @Fra

Can you please make a service report after having been connected to the SmartSolar and viewing this (weird) temperature trend?

Check here if you don't know how to make the service report.

2 |3000

Fra avatar image
Fra answered ·

Hi, ok, I did what you told me.

I also have another problem: often in the app one or more devices are gray and I have to switch on and off the Airplane mode to get it back to work well. In these situations the trend section does not work.

I don't know if this will also emerge in the reporVictronConnect_report3.logt.

2 |3000

mkuiken avatar image
mkuiken answered ·

Hi @Fra

The log is confirming the weird temperature values though it doesn't show what the origin of those weird values is.

I can see in the log that there's also a SmartShunt in the VE.Smart Network. What's the aux input configuration for this SmartShunt?

Can you temporarily remove the SmartShunt from the VE.Smart Network and see if this solves the issue? Please leave the SmartShunt out of the VE.Smart Network for as long as it would usually take for this issue to occur.

2 |3000

Fra avatar image
Fra answered ·

The aux of smartshunt Is "starter BATTERY voltage".

Ok i try to exclude smartshunt from Ve Smart Network. But i Need It for tail current End of absorption phase of smartsolar controller. I dont like adaptive charge with timed absorption phase.

Thank you for your help.

2 |3000

mkuiken avatar image
mkuiken answered ·

Hi @Fra

We've discovered an issue in the SmartSolar which affects the trend for the battery temperature. Other trends are not affected. Also the temperature functionality in the VE.Smart Network is not affected.
This issue will be fixed in the next version for the "SmartSolar Bluetooth Interface" (expected within a few weeks).

2 comments
2 |3000

Fra avatar image Fra commented ·
Thank you so much for the interest.

I have done the test without smartshunt on the network Ve Smart. Results the same problem.

I wait the update.

Aldo my Phoenix inverter have a Little problem. After an update the percerntage bar, Always show "0" and no more "normal".

I have done a specific trahed.

Thank you. Regards

0 Likes 0 ·
Fra avatar image Fra commented ·
Hallo, yesterday I have installed the last update of Victron connect and the firmware of smartsolar. But the bug is still present.

I don't know if the Bluetooth firmware has been updated....

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VE.Smart Networking Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows