question

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra asked

Not receiving alarm alerts from VRM

Hello

An interesting problem.

I have set a few rules for alerts on a number of sites.

These are ranging from Grid lost alarms on the GX to battery SOC warnings. An example is the one attached now.

I did to two GX file uploads recently for offline sites and they had a high number of alarms on it (over six months of data) and the VRM did disable alerts for a time. (I cleared the status from that). However that was for a totally different site to the one attached. And now on checking none of the sites have sent alerts despite having logged several alarm states.

Not sure if it is a bug or something related to the two big data uploads

screenshot-20220921-212441.jpg

VRMbug report
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

@Alexandra

Since it works for me I'm suggesting it has something to do with those uploads - unless alarm mails are disabled for your email, but I'm pretty sure you've checked that.

I just did a test on SoC:

State of charge: 76.5 %
Low limit (hysteresis): 76.5 % (77.0 %)
High limit (hysteresis): 100.0 % (99.8 %)
Wait time: 60 seconds

Site time: 2022-09-21 21:51:59 Europe/Berlin
UTC time: 2022-09-21 19:51:59 UTC

You are receiving this email because your e-mail address is registered to receive alarms from the VRM Portal. In case you no longer want to receive them, go to the following url and remove yourself from the list of recipients:

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
@Stefanie

Thank you for your reply.

I definitely checked that I am set to receive the emails.

And also found the clear the suspension of emails option after the alert that the service was suspended after the high volume of alerts.

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Alexandra ♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources