question

peregrines avatar image
peregrines asked

VRM Portal - How to remove old "Control" entrys?

Hi!

How can I get rid off old and entries in my Control section? These entries are not even installed anymore and I reinstalled Venus OS and reset all devices. Still these entries dont go away. For example Go-eCHarger is completely uninstalled. Still shows up. And I installed a second Multiplus II, the old setup is removed, but Multiplus still shows up (cant control it of course).

Please help!

Thank You!!!

bildschirmfoto-2022-09-19-um-105804.pngbildschirmfoto-2022-09-19-um-105759.png

bildschirmfoto-2022-09-19-um-105809.png

VRMvrm advanced
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

8 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

@ZoG there is a fix being pushed into prod soon which will resolve this issue.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

electrical-revolution avatar image
electrical-revolution answered ·

Try going "device list" in VRM. If the device (Multiplus II etc) is not used, click on it and press the "delete device" button. Once done the VRM shouldn't show any data relating to that device.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alan avatar image Alan commented ·
had been trying to work this out for ages, thanks for your input works a treat
0 Likes 0 ·
dakoal avatar image
dakoal answered ·

Hi. I also have an old entry in "Control" that cant be removed. Also "delete device" doesn't help. In the Device List its gone for months. But still in "Control"

2 |3000

andybierlair avatar image
andybierlair answered ·

I have the same issue. I have a few zombie Multiplus devices in my Control section that have been deleted from my device list many months ago.

There seems to be no way to remove them from "Control"

2 |3000

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi All,

I'll look into it and see what can be done.

2 |3000

towatai avatar image
towatai answered ·
2 |3000

christiangurk avatar image
christiangurk answered ·

Hi Guys,

I have exactly the same problem, two Multiplus II in the control windows, but only one existing, The other one is maybe from tests. I only see the existing one in the device list, so no possibility to delete the "ghost" Multiplus II. There seems to be some leftovers visible in VRM MQTT. May be it has something to do with the USB-Port, the USB-MK3 is connected to? Because the "ghost" Multiplus was on another port (ttyUSB1)?

2 |3000

zog avatar image
zog answered ·

Any update on this Topic? I also have ghost device on the "Controls" Tab... Impossible to remove, and also no longer on my devices list...

2 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
This should now be resolved, the fix has been rolled out.
0 Likes 0 ·
zog avatar image zog nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

I just checked... The ghost is now gone... Whatever was done fixed it... Many thanks!!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources