question

uksubs avatar image
uksubs asked

PASSIVE ERROR - Problem to get communication started between Multiplus 2 GX and BYD B-Box BMS

Dear Forum,

hope you can get me some hints regarding the setup between BYD B-BOX (L3.5) BMS and Victron Multiplus II GX (3000er), which I bought new.

I recently bought the BYD B-BOX battery used from another user who had it running with a Victron Multiplus but now switched to PylonTech.

My setup is as following: MPPT SmartSolar DC connected to battery (short test: charging works, as indicated by the BYD battery (low rate white LED flash and battery voltages are in a reasonable range) and Multiplus GX connected to the battery.

img-8462.png

Actually, I not have AC-IN connected to the grid nor the EM24 (my electrician will do that next week). Connection with SmartSolar via the VE.Bus worked very nicely. Also I follwoed the video instruction of Guy to setup the Victron for first Multiplus setup (setting to 500kBaud, DVCC, etc). I used a Typ A cable for the CAN between BMS and VE.CAN. I have an end plug / resistor on the VE.CAN as well.

Status message after reboot the Multiplus is: Not connected. In the BMS-CAN port i found following error message: Error-passive TEC:0 REC:128. Some Multiplus continues pushing packets. See the screen shot below:
img-8463.png

Do you have any hints which root cause the error message may have?

Thanks for your support!

Multiplus-IIBMSVE.CanBYD
img-8463.png (156.8 KiB)
img-8462.png (136.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

uksubs avatar image
uksubs answered ·

@JohnC Thanks for the link - I knew it, but basically wanted to check the BMS communication before the complete installation happens. Reading this again I probably wait until everything is properly setup and then make the final configuration in VEConfigure.

2 |3000

uksubs avatar image
uksubs answered ·

Problem has not been resolved after ESS installation. Correct cable / end connector in place ...

2 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@uksubs

Have you updated the BYD firmware at all?

0 Likes 0 ·
uksubs avatar image uksubs Alexandra ♦ commented ·

According to the person I bought the B-Box it worked with Victron Multiplus

Here you find the screenshot of current firmware (v1.19) under device section. What makes me curious is the empty values in the B-Box section.

screenshot-2022-10-02-162239.png

0 Likes 0 ·
inaki-goicolea avatar image
inaki-goicolea answered ·

hello, any update on this? were you able to make it work?

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Works fine if you follow the victron/BYD setup doc.
0 Likes 0 ·