question

Jordy avatar image
Jordy asked

Quatro 5kW 110 V AC output 2 not active

Hi team,

I am looking into a strange item. The Quatro is connected to shore power and to a generator, the AC1 is going to my ship and I planed to use AC2 for the watermaker and heater.

All is setup and I can use the AC1 output. But I do not see the AC2 output.

I do not have the interface but I have a GX connected to the victron network.

How can I activate the AC2 and set limits to the input? or is this AC2 broken and should it always be activated? or is it only working when AC2 input is there and not AC1 input...

Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargergx deviceac out 2
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Jordy

The AC2 input will become active on the GX when you use it.

The AC 1 and 2 Output are combined for load monitoring. So do not have separate figures.

AC2 is usually from factory only on when shore/grid is connected. You will need to use an assistant to make it active during inverting if that is desired.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

@Jordy …. Is it possible you didn’t leave it long enough to check AC2? It is a very unfortunate software feature that AC2 takes a full 2 minutes to become active. That time delay is not user selectable and is a real shame because it causes some boat manaufactuers to bypass the full features of the Quattro because their clients have complained too much about that delay. Please wait for 2 minutes ( a surprisingly long time when you are waiting) and see if it comes on.

2 |3000

Jordy avatar image
Jordy answered ·

Great to find my answers so fast, tanks a lot!

I have seen the power coming out now!

How to change the limits. can I do it without the USB interface?

1 comment
2 |3000

Trevor Bird avatar image Trevor Bird commented ·
@Jordy , What limits are you referring to?
0 Likes 0 ·