question

uenpia avatar image
uenpia asked

Lost second Cerbo GX in Victron Connect, Local, My devices, after upgrade to v5.73

I have two separate systems with a Cerbo controlling each. After upgrading Victron Connect to v.5.73 I have lost one of the Cerbo GX (the one with lowest IP address) in the view: Local, My devices. (The two systems only share the network and ground). They can both be direct addressed at their local IP without any problem, and seen in the view: VRM.

Am I the only one to see this?

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Uenpia

Are you using your PC or phone?

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

uenpia avatar image uenpia commented ·
Android phone
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ uenpia commented ·

Ok. On that side I don't have an issue. But my PC doesn't see anything. Have you tried a reboot?

screenshot-20220828-203759.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
uenpia avatar image uenpia Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Thanks for testing. Neither I see anything on my PC!

Yes I have booted both Cerbo, the router and the android phone.

0 Likes 0 ·
johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

Using the IP address should always work. Having 2 devices with the same name on the same network will not work, as only one can register his DNS name on your router (venus.local or something like this)

1 comment
2 |3000

uenpia avatar image uenpia commented ·
It worked at ver. 5.72 and it works for Alexandra in ver. 5.73 (see her reply with picture above). The problem started the second ver. 5.73 was installed. And it is obviously accessable via direct IP. Only VC Local screen it is not displayed.

By the way, as far as I know, the name: Cerbo GX is not changeable.

0 Likes 0 ·
uenpia avatar image
uenpia answered ·

Problem solved when CCGX software ver. 2.90 was installed. After upgrading, both Cerbos shows up in android and Windows :-)

2 |3000

Related Resources