question

van-gogh avatar image
van-gogh asked

List of Victron inverters with programmable low battery cutoff voltage

Hi VE Community,

Is there a comprehensive list of Victron inverters which offer a programmable low battery cutoff voltage? This is a requirement for my situation, so all inverters lacking this are automatically ruled out.

I've been looking through manuals, but most don't seem to clearly state whether the cutoff can be programmed, they just say they have that protection feature.

The only one I've found with a very clear answer and some great features I'd love to have is the Phoenix Inverter Smart, which is unfortunately only available for European markets (no 120V version). Not only does it let you program all of this via the wireless Victron Connect app, but it also provides dynamic low voltage cutoff, which I could definitely use.

Cheers.

ph-inv-smart-lowbatt.png

Phoenix InverterBluetoothlow battery warning
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Van Gogh

They are all programmable.

You can use victron connect and ve config in demo mode to play with settings and see what there is.

They can all be set anywhere in the operating voltage range set on the datasheet of the inverters.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

van-gogh avatar image van-gogh commented ·

Hi Alexandra,

Thank you for your reply. That sounds very promising. Let's take your statement at face value. Here is the datasheet for the Phoenix Inverter 12V / 1200VA for example:

phoenix-1600.png

You're 100% certain and are confirming that with this inverter, using a VE direct cable and a laptop, I can program the "battery voltage too low" protection feature to be anywhere from 9.2V to 17.3V?

That change can't actually be made wirelessly in the connect app, correct? Only simulated. Even with a BT dongle, it won't give you access to that feature, right?

But with VE direct cable and a laptop, it can be programmed?

Cheers.

0 Likes 0 ·
phoenix-1600.png (180.8 KiB)
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ van-gogh commented ·
In the datasheet is just input voltage range, not the low voltage cut-off voltage.

Only the old Phoenix Inverter without VE.Bus or VE.direct can't be configured.

0 Likes 0 ·
van-gogh avatar image van-gogh Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Okay, now I'm even more confused. Alexandra stated this:

"They can all be set anywhere in the operating voltage range set on the datasheet of the inverters. "

You're saying its a different range? Where can I find that range?

Cheers.

UPDATE: Good news. The app indeed seems to confirm that I'll be able to make the change I want (setting cutoff to 12.0V) via bluetooth if I have the wireless BT dongle.

screenshot-20220820-092338.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources