question

pegaze-le-van avatar image
pegaze-le-van asked

What will the GX screen show us with this connection?

Hello everyone, I am using the translator to ask my question, I hope it will be good. In the development of a van, I want to install a cerbo GX. and a phoenix converter, in addition to other elements such as the MPPT, a blue smart charger, a BMV 712 and an orion charger. My question is: what will the GX screen tell me, because all the diagrams found show me that it is a multiplus which is connected to the cerbo GX and not a Phoenix converter. Otherwise the second possibility is to put 2 multiplus 1600 VA in parallel, but it takes a lot of space. Thank you for your help

cerbo gxPhoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

A multiplus is a much better option than just a phoenix inverter, it provides a great charger and power assist / power control. There are 3000VA and 5000VA units if you need more power, no need for 2 of them in parallel, and you would spare the shore power charger.

I would definitely ditch the phoenix and use a multiplus (or quattro, if you have a generator)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pegaze-le-van avatar image
pegaze-le-van answered ·

Thank you, I don't have a generator, on the other hand I went with 2*1600 VA because at 12 volts, the maximum is 2000 VA which will be too tight.

2 |3000

johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

I have a 12V 5kVA quattro, that I use every day, and there are 3000VA multiplus units too.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-MultiPlus-inverter-charger--800VA-5kVA-EN-.pdf

2 |3000