question

Kenneth Lam avatar image
Kenneth Lam asked

Multiplus-II with GoodWe Inverter and DIY Battery

Hi all,

Looking to get some feedback on the design below. Looking to incorporate a DIY battery solution at home with my current PV inverter (GoodWe 10KW). Looking to use the Victron MultiPlus-II 10000 for the 1:1 ratio but wanted to understand if it'll work well with the GoodWe Inverter and the JBD BMS. Are there any suggestions/change you'd recommend?

capture.png

Thanks for your time!

Some other tidbits that might help:

• I'm based in Australia.
  • GoodWe inverter and panels are installed.
  • I have the LiFePO4 cells on their way.
  • Would want solar to supply loads first and then the remainder to charge the battery
Multiplus-IIbattery charging
capture.png (118.0 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dennis-wasioya avatar image dennis-wasioya commented ·
@Kenneth Lam is the Goodwe at the input or the output of the inverter?

If it at the output, does it charge the batteries during the day

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@Kenneth Lam in short you have the same set up as I do by design albeit different PV inverter and ai have a smaller Multiplus but you'll need a GX device and a CT sensor if you are to be grid connected to enable the Multiplus to become a full ESS (Energy Storage System). You'll need to set up a VE configure profile for ESS using the assistant tool for ESS.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kenneth Lam avatar image Kenneth Lam commented ·
Thanks, Jason. That's great to hear you have the same design. How long have you been running your setup and ss there anything you would do differently? What battery/GX Device are you using?
0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

Also need to setup the Goodwe as a Micro grid mode, so it can run in standlone when the power fails.

Most grid tied inverters can be set to micro grid mode.

Regards
Rob D

NZ

2 |3000

panicman avatar image
panicman answered ·

Hello,

I have also an GoodWe 6000 GT Inverter in my current Installation. Now I want to extend my PV with an Multiplus-II GX, but I want do connect the MP2 with AC-IN only, so the GoodWe inverter is connected to the Grid as it hast 400V on 3 Phases. They all together are connected on the same LAN.

Will the Victron find the GoodWe inverter by himself and show it on the Dashboard? Or do I need an Energy Meter between the GoodWe and the Grid to measure the PV output?

Greetings Jack

1 comment
2 |3000

panicman avatar image panicman commented ·
Ok, answer by myself, I need an energy Meter, RS485 on Adress 2
0 Likes 0 ·
Thendo Alton Mbedzi avatar image
Thendo Alton Mbedzi answered ·

@Kenneth Lam unfortunately Victron and Goodwe are not compatible

1 comment
2 |3000

panicman avatar image panicman commented ·

They are, just buy an ET340 Energy Meter, put it between GoodWe and Grid, connect it to GX and configure it as an Inverter, voila!

screenshot-32.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
screenshot-32.jpg (42.7 KiB)