question

le-jimi avatar image
le-jimi asked

Phoenix Inverter 1200 with 2 VE.Direct Connections?

Hi guys,

Question: I have non-smart Phoenix Inverter 1200, with 1 VE.Direct output. Is there a way to connect it to VE.Direct Bluetooth dongle AND to Color Control panel in the same time?

I’d like to have Bluetooth access and Color Control panel access to the Inverter.

My current setup:

Color Control panel has 2 incoming VE.Direct connections:

1. Smart Solar MPPT 30A

2. Smart Shunt

I am missing the control of the inverter.

I am also missing a 3rd free VE.Direct input on the back of the Color Control. Should I use VE.Bus or VE.Can?

Objective: in above setup to be able to control Phoenix Inverter with Bluetooth (remotely) AND via Control Panel.

Thanks in advance,

Andrzej

CCGX Color ControlPhoenix InverterVE.DirectVE.Direct Bluetooth Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

VE.Direct is supposed to connect one device directly to another, it is not a bus type protocol so you cannot daisy chain to branch two devices into one. It will not be possible to have Bluetooth and CCGX connection at the same time.

To get a third VE.Direct device to connect to CCGX then you can use VE.Direct-USB dongle and plug the dongle into the USB port of the CCGX.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources