question

Russell Brown avatar image
Russell Brown asked

What networking to use with Cerbo GX + MMPT + DC to DC + Multiplus II

So confusing. Simple question. If I have a Cerbo GX plus all other Victron components: Smart MPPT, Smart DC to DC and a Multiplus II.

WHICH networking do I use so they all talk to each other and so Cerbo GX controls them all ??

VE. BUS ? DVCC ? or other ?

Thanks

cerbo gxDVCCvebus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
hjohnson avatar image
hjohnson answered ·

So assuming your MPPT is one of the standard BlueSolar or SmartSolar units (ie the ones that do not have VE.CAN) you'll need a VE.Direct cable to connect them to your Cerbo.

Between your MultiPlus and your Cerbo, you'll be connecting to the VE.Bus using a standard network cable.

The DC:DC is the odd one out, as it doesn't connect.

What are you using for your battery monitor? You need one of those, either a victron compatible BMS, or something like a SmartShunt connected to the cerbo.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Russell Brown avatar image Russell Brown commented ·
Thanks. I will be using a Lynx Smart BMS. Just trying to find the solution that best lets all GX and smart components to talk to each other. DC to DC, strange so the Lynx Smart BMX can't control, turn off the DC to DC ?
0 Likes 0 ·