question

imv avatar image
imv asked

GX Touch screen lock

For the GX Touch screen is it possible to completely lock the screen only allowing data to be displayed. We need to stop the end user from making changes to the settings locally from the screen. I know we can set the access level to "User" in the Cerbo GX which will restrict what can be changed and we can password protect the VRM but is a complete screen lock possible?

cerbo gxgx device
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@IMV

Have you thought of just using a non touch display? Unfortunately the touch works through the HDMI so no way to stop it through there without fiddling in software.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

imv avatar image imv commented ·

Thanks for your input Alexandra, we have tried a non touch screen and this does seem to work to a degree although the screen that we tried was quite large, the first time the image booted up quite small but the second time it booted up with a full screen. We are trying to find a smaller screen that we can also power through VBAT or USB. Thanks again.

0 Likes 0 ·
hardisk avatar image
hardisk answered ·

I need this also desperately to keep my kids from playing wit the settings on the system in my RV……

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

See the Cerbo manual, section 3.5 in mine. There's a link below

0 Likes 0 ·