Hi, can anybody tell me if the EM330AV5 Energy meter from Carlo Gavazzi is compatible to Victron. This is apparently the replacement for EM24AV5.
Their product listing page:
What is interesting is that it has backlit display!
EM330 / EM340
• Dimensions: 3 DIN modules
• Installation: DIN-rail
• Backlit touch LCD
• Measurement of voltage, current, power,
power factor and frequency
• Bi-directional energy metering,
3x 8-digit, cl. B (EN50470)
• Measuring inputs
400 to 480 VLL AC, 5(6) A current
input via current transformer (EM330)
208 to 400 VLL AC, 5(65) A (EM340)
• Auxiliary power supply (EM330)
Self powered (EM340)
• Dual tariff management
• Pulse output or RS485 Modbus or M-Bus port
• Sealable terminal covers
• CE, MID (PFA and PFB), cULus (EM330)
Did not find single product page, maybe it's so new that they don't have it.
Does the "M-Bus port" stand for Ethernet with RJ45 connector? RS485 is probably twisted pair.
Victron has confirmed that the unit supported is EM330DINAV53HS1X27
Note “27” at end
Got confirmation from Carlo Gavazzi, the suffix 27 on the part code means :
- Same communication protocol ( measured variables in reading mode in the same registers)
- 0.001 kWh resolution via Modbus RTU
- 3 DIN module
- touch key user interface
- 1 digital input (not for pulse counting)
I assume this means this unit has been designed specifically for Victron and that others will not work.
I’m still trying to find out if other EM330’s can be used in the meantime.
Additional resources still need to be added for this topic
34 People are following this question.