question

llucmajor avatar image
llucmajor asked

Cerbo gx bluetooth doesn’t work

After a new update of the firmware, the in built bluetooth stops working. I checked that is available from the Cerbo Bluetooth configuration (but the Bluetooth led is always off). I want to know if is an software issue and it will be solved soon or if I need to use the warranty to have a new cerbo.

Thanks!

cerbo gxBluetooth
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Llucmajor

Have you tried to reboot the Cerbo? Or roll back the firware to check?

0 Likes 0 ·
Stephen avatar image Stephen commented ·
I have the same issue on a new unit. I have connected and set up but now it just will not connect. I have updated with the software patch recommended elsewhere in this site but no good.

It connects for about a day then will not recognise the password. What i see many times is 2 Cerbo GX's with the same name and it drops on my list of paired devises. Very frustrated with this expensive unit.

0 Likes 0 ·
8 Answers
llucmajor avatar image
llucmajor answered ·

Hi, yes. I tried both but nothing solve the issue. I updated two new versions in one week (aprox). The current version is v2.89 and the previous one that I backed up is v2.87

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Llucmajor

If rolling it back did not work and it was working, and it is definitely enabled as @JohannDo mentioned, then I would get it checked at a service centre.

0 Likes 0 ·
llucmajor avatar image llucmajor Alexandra ♦ commented ·

I see that this is a common issue, I also tried the switch button on the Cerbo (the physical one). I could see that the wifi’s led changed but the bluetooth stayed disabled

0 Likes 0 ·
horakjun avatar image horakjun commented ·
Používáte GX Touch? 
jaký druh??
0 Likes 0 ·
johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

Is bluetooth enabled in the settings?

2 |3000

Juha Tuomala avatar image
Juha Tuomala answered ·

I was wondering earlier that aren’t you supposed to see your Multiplus/Quattro over bluetooth if it’s connected to Cerbo? I can see Cerbo just fine.

3 comments
2 |3000

johanndo avatar image johanndo commented ·
You need a Ve.Bus BT dongle if you want to see the Multiplus directly on BT. You see only devices with BT transceiver in the BT app.
1 Like 1 ·
Juha Tuomala avatar image Juha Tuomala johanndo commented ·
Okay, so Cerbo doesn’t relay that information. Does the dongle show all devices in the bus?
0 Likes 0 ·
johanndo avatar image johanndo Juha Tuomala commented ·

No the dongles are only for the device they are connected to.

BT doesnt show other linked devices, only the one where the interface is attached to or built in.

But you can use the web interface of the cerbo (remote console) and see them all on the cerbo in the details pages if they are wired to the cerbo.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Llucmajor

The Bluetooth is not necessary for local monitoring nor is it useful for that. It is used to set the wifi connection.

screenshot-20220802-105938.jpg

2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·
2 |3000

llucmajor avatar image
llucmajor answered ·

Yeah, I know that the are differents ways to connect all VictronConnect devices, all I want is the whole functionality that I pay for. I ask for some VictronConnect technician for some guidance.

2 |3000

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Llucmajor, @Stephen, and others.

The built in bluetooth functionality in the Cerbo GX is limited to the initial configuration of an external wifi network.

Due to a limitation with the built-in bluetooth chip only operating at low temperatures, in order to see the built-in bluetooth connection the unit must be cold, such as when it first starts up. The built-in bluetooth availability can then disappear once the unit warms up (depending on ambient temperature and other loads on the Cerbo).

This is obviously not ideal, but the work around is that this external wifi network configuration function is also available via the built in wifi hotspot (connection details to this built in wifi hotspot are shown on a sticker on the Cerbo GX, and more details available in the Cerbo GX manual here - https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/accessing-the-gx-device.html

I have heard some customers make the assumption that built in bluetooth connection can be used for more than just the initial setup of a wifi network password when first booting up - but there is no functionality beyond that.

2 comments
2 |3000

Stephen avatar image Stephen commented ·
Thankyou for the response. Why have both when only one would work more in the favour of the user, i.e. true plug and play? I will try this again when I am back on the boat

0 Likes 0 ·
johanz avatar image johanz commented ·
Guy I have just disconnecetd my BVM from the blue tooth dongel & connected to the the Cerbo GX via VE direct cable, prior to this I could get a lot of data on blue tooth, as we travel where there is no internet connection I am worse off, should I go backto the dongle and disconnect from the Cerbo?

Whats your advise?

0 Likes 0 ·
wburton avatar image
wburton answered ·

OK - So as of 31 Aug 2022 you couldn't do anything with bluetooth. Now, 9 months later, you can use BT to connect to Ruuvi temp sensors. So how do we get BT to reset to for use with Ruuvi sensors?

2 comments
2 |3000

jonathan-c avatar image jonathan-c commented ·
That's the problem I have, I have 4 Ruuvi temperature sensors, they go off at about 13:00 and come back on about 20:00, so could well be a ventilation problem, so I'm going to look in to that.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ jonathan-c commented ·
You’re required to use the external bluetooth dongle for the ruuvi, this is documented in the manual.

On newer cerbos, and latest software, iirc a second BT radio exists and has been enabled for use. This won’t help older Cerbos.

0 Likes 0 ·