question

janj avatar image
janj asked

Where is my Alternator DCDC Shunt?

My system consist of Raspi, MPPT’s and Shunt.

Every unit show up in Victron Connect local and VRM . All the numbers from shunt and MPPT’s making life pretty awsome.

I bought another SmartShunt 500 and defined this as a DC Energy Meter - DCDC Charger. Also tried defing as Alternator. I was hoping the unit would show up in VRM as a separate unit, showing the A’s flowing from Alternator.

It show up in the Victron Connect bluetooth and VRM, but not in the VRM portal diagrams.

Why?

VRMSmartShuntalternator
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

janj avatar image janj commented ·

Some pictures;

No Alternator /DCDC image

9cd8539e-1e71-4daf-ba69-02b83433843d.png14889b39-924c-4528-b56b-e482375b730b.png8105d961-ba5c-447f-8857-3eb183a5d9ef.jpeg

0 Likes 0 ·

The alternator not running.

Will it show up as «Generator» when engine started and running?

75077770-cc63-4de3-aab6-afe45bfe8aa6.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

The standard flow overview doesn't include a tile for alternator. But I just released GuiMods 6.0 that does include an alternator tile on the DC coupled overview. This won't affect VRM however, just the local display or the Remote Console in VRM.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thanks for your answer.

Then I need to look into the GuiMods then.

Having the alternator (current) displaying itself without any need for manual subtractions or additions (of other chargers or consumers) is probably one of them nice to have features. And since the Smart Shunt menues in Victron Connect got all kind of selections I just went for it. Kind of surprise.. it wont be of any use. So far I can not find the numbers for my alternator current anywhere. Something I dont get regarding them menu selections available and the purpose?

GuiMods it is

0 Likes 0 ·
Installed the GUIMods 6.0

Got my alternator :-)

So far so good

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·