question

etienne avatar image
etienne asked

VE.CAN Resistive Tank Sender

Good day. I have a CCGX with a VE.Direct MPPT, VE.CAN Freedom battery, VE.BUS Multi and a VE.BUS Digital Control. I want to monitor a tank as well. Will the VE.CAN Resistive Tank Sender Adaptor be able to communicate via VE.CAN as well. The battery bank is using the VE.CAN port

CCGX Color ControlVE.Cantank monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Canbus devices are designed to be strung together in a chain. VE.Can is the same principle.

Loop one device to the next one in a chain and make sure that each device at the end of the chain has the terminator in place. You may need to set the Canbus ID if two devices are the same. The VE.Can tank sender has a rotary switch to select it's ID.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Fl3tch avatar image
Fl3tch answered ·

Good day

What if you have a BMZ battery connected and running can on 500 kbits/s will the ve.can resistive tank sender work? If not what other options do I have to monitor tank levels on a CCGX with a BMZ battery connected.

Regards

2 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

With the CCGX this is not possible.
The Venus GX and the Octo GX have a Second CAN-bus port with configurable baudrate.
The new Cerbo GX have a dedicated BMS-Can port with a fixed baudrate of 500kbps.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:start#comparison_table

0 Likes 0 ·
luis-gomezcala avatar image luis-gomezcala Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Hi Matthias,

You seem very knowledgable about this devices and hopefully will be able to help me.

I have a Cerbo GX with the GX Touch 50 display then decided to get a couple of VE.Can resistive tank sender adapters powered by a VE.Can Power Cable.

So far, I have been unable to make them work. The instructions are very poor and there is no wiring diagram

By any chance do you have a wiring diagram to use to cross-check my connexions ?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources