question

max-b avatar image
max-b asked

2.33 CCGX firmware and VE.Can devices detection

Firmware 2.32 corrected wifi loss and that was good.

Now I have the following problem for a few time and I suspect release 2.33.

I have a full "On-line" setup, where the multi is inverter only and a Skylla is charging from micro hydro OR, in summer, from generator if the solar panel+BlueSolarMPPT is not sufficient.

Before I start the generator, I switch the Skylla off until it is seen on the CCGX and the power limit can be accounted for. Then, I switch the Skylla on and everything is fine.

Now (2.33 ?) the Skylla is no longer found/seen by the CCGX when the generator starts. It's always listed as "deconnected". I have to manually reboot the CCGX for the Skylla to be listed.

If I don't reboot the CCGX, the Skylla starts at maximum current and overloads the generator.

No matter how long I wait with the Skylla powered and switched off, it never gets seen by the CCGX until rebooted.

CCGX Color ControlVE.CanSkylla
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

max-b avatar image max-b commented ·

I'm bumping up this topic since it got no answer from Victron.

I'm unsure if the problem did come with 2.33, but last time I needed to run the generator (about 6 months ago), the Skylla was correctly seen without need to reboot the CCGX

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Max_B, I don't think there has been a change between v2.30 and v2.33 that can cause this; there haven't been any significant changes for quite a while.

Can I ask you to downgrade to v2.23; and see how that works for you?

Old versions are available for download here: https://updates.victronenergy.com/feeds/venus/release/images/ccgx/

Change-log is available for download on https://professional.victronenergy.com/.

Best regards, Matthijs

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

max-b avatar image max-b commented ·

ok. will try and report.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic