question

max-b avatar image

2.33 CCGX firmware and VE.Can devices detection

Firmware 2.32 corrected wifi loss and that was good.

Now I have the following problem for a few time and I suspect release 2.33.

I have a full "On-line" setup, where the multi is inverter only and a Skylla is charging from micro hydro OR, in summer, from generator if the solar panel+BlueSolarMPPT is not sufficient.

Before I start the generator, I switch the Skylla off until it is seen on the CCGX and the power limit can be accounted for. Then, I switch the Skylla on and everything is fine.

Now (2.33 ?) the Skylla is no longer found/seen by the CCGX when the generator starts. It's always listed as "deconnected". I have to manually reboot the CCGX for the Skylla to be listed.

If I don't reboot the CCGX, the Skylla starts at maximum current and overloads the generator.

No matter how long I wait with the Skylla powered and switched off, it never gets seen by the CCGX until rebooted.

CCGX Color ControlVE.CanSkylla
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

I'm bumping up this topic since it got no answer from Victron.

I'm unsure if the problem did come with 2.33, but last time I needed to run the generator (about 6 months ago), the Skylla was correctly seen without need to reboot the CCGX

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Max_B, I don't think there has been a change between v2.30 and v2.33 that can cause this; there haven't been any significant changes for quite a while.

Can I ask you to downgrade to v2.23; and see how that works for you?

Old versions are available for download here: https://updates.victronenergy.com/feeds/venus/release/images/ccgx/

Change-log is available for download on https://professional.victronenergy.com/.

Best regards, Matthijs

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ok. will try and report.