question

vdkeybus avatar image
vdkeybus asked

Phoenix MultiPlus 24/3000/70 overloads during charging

My Phoenix MultiPlus 24/3000/70 ends up in 'overload' state when it is charging, with a minimal AC load (< 100W), with the AC current limit set to 16A. The current to the battery is then 55A.

If I limit the AC current to 8A, the MultiPlus continues to charge, albeit at 45A.

I would expect the unit to limit itself to stay out of overload.

Can there be other causes of 'overload', apart from the AC load current ?

Firmware is 1812141.HEX

Phoenix Invertercharge current limit
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

Sorry, not clear to me.

Is this running off the batteries? Or do you have AC in on.

What voltage AC?

When does overload occur?

When you limit AC to 8A, is this input AC?

0 Likes 0 ·
vdkeybus avatar image vdkeybus kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
AC IN is available (16A shore power) and used. AC OUT is connected to a light load. Batteries are low, so must be charged. The limiter in the DMC is (correctly) set to 16A.

Bulk charging starts, charge current quickly rises to 55..58A, and after a minute or so, the unit completely disengages, even cutting AC OUT. 'overload' is on solid and the system stays in that state until I set the DMC selector to 'off'.

This lockup does not occur with a limit set to 8A.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ vdkeybus commented ·
120V AC?
0 Likes 0 ·
vdkeybus avatar image vdkeybus kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
No, 230V.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
downgrader avatar image
downgrader answered ·

I'm having a similar issue. I'll get an L1 Overload that clears very quickly. I have 120v AC in at 30A limit and this happens about once/day. I tested by turning off AC in and just using inverter and the issue occurred several times per day and didn't seem to be related to the load as there were times when the warning occurred at a lower load and didn't at higher.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic