question

thtruck avatar image
thtruck asked

VPN for Cerbo on router via utp

The Cerbo is connected via an utpcable to a Teltonika RUTX14 router which uses a simcard for internetconnection and it works like a charm. This router can be remotely managed and i like to do that via vpn the router also has and it works also. But when i enable this vpn the cerbo loses its connection with the VRM portal. When i disable the vpn on the router everything returns to normal. Is there a way to configure the cerbo so it stays online and connected with VRM when i use the vpn on the router? VPN possibilities on the cerbo?

cerbo gxVRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
hardy-tuner avatar image
hardy-tuner answered ·

Is there a way to configure the cerbo so it stays online and connected with VRM when i use the vpn on the router? the cerbo isn't the problem, when the router transfers all traffic trough vpn tunnel. if the router only open vpn for an incoming device like your laptop, it should work

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

thtruck avatar image thtruck commented ·

Yes I guess you're right and looked into it again. I could create a vpnhub on the server of the routers manufacturer and routed that vpn through the router to the cerbo without the cerbo losing contact with VRM. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·