question

petajoule avatar image
petajoule asked

Quattro: Set charge current depending on AC-IN ?

Am I the only one to miss this feature?

Quattro 5kVA, AC-IN1: Generator AC-IN2: Grid

I would like to set the max. charge current for the generator somewhere below its nominal capacity (somewhat around 8A), I would like to keep the charge current setting for grid as is - which is 1A.

In other words: When connected to grid, charge the battery as little as possible, when connected to generator, charge with generator capacity.

VEConfigure: No dice. Only one global galactic value can be set here for the charger.

Any ideas how to achieve that feature or shall I include that in my Victron prayers?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerchargerGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Take a look at the charge current control assistent.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

petajoule avatar image petajoule commented ·

That looks like it could do the job, although I need it for quite the inverse use case than is described (less charge for grid, more for generator), but that will probably not matter.

So if the Genset can deliver - say - 1800VA continuous and is rated 7.8A, I would limit AC-IN1 to say 7.5A and set the charge current limit (because it is in DC Amps and a 48V system) to ... 30A, right?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ petajoule commented ·
To limit the current on the AC input you could just use the input current limit at the 'grid' tab.
0 Likes 0 ·