question

wolfbarnsolar avatar image
wolfbarnsolar asked

System Showing Incorrect Charge Info & issue with CCGX Generator SOC Settings

Hi

I have just Upgraded my battery bank to Pylontechs (updated Multi Firmware 497) & am seeing Strange Behavior of system components so am trying to find where the issue may be. hoping someone else has seen this & may have an answer/suggestion

Biggest issue in not being able to start a genset & Stop it at a defined SOC below 100

SYSTEM 24 x 270w Panels CCGX Multiplus 5000 2xMPPT 250/100 solar chargers 40KWh Pylontech US5000-B Batteries Backup Generator 12KVA

Issues I am Am seeing with Pylontech Batteries Installed

incorrect charging values on CCGX 98% PV-0 Gen-0 but 2689w @ 0.7Amps & inverting ??screen-shot-2022-06-28-at-90323-pm.pngss06.png

In the CCGX when Gen start/stop conditions are set to SOC start 30% stop 80% or less & with Manual or Auto initiated Charging Batts get Stuck & Gen wont stop charging going to 89% and then does NOT increase beyond (Gen Continues to Run)

If I set this to 100% then charging continues to (98 % only) with recommended settings as below & in Graphs (Gen Continues to Run)

screen-shot-2022-06-25-at-74134-pm.png ss02.png ss03.png ss04.png

ss05.png

Lithium BatteryCCGX Color Controlgen start
ss04.png (117.7 KiB)
ss05.png (112.7 KiB)
ss02.png (103.5 KiB)
ss03.png (106.9 KiB)
ss06.png (218.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

There are some more conditions activated (battery voltage and AC load). You maybe have to disable them.

More than 100% is not possible so you should set that to max 99%.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wolfbarnsolar avatar image wolfbarnsolar commented ·
Thanks Matthias Will see if it makes a difference & let you know
0 Likes 0 ·
wolfbarnsolar avatar image wolfbarnsolar wolfbarnsolar commented ·

Hi Matthias

Disabled the Batt Voltage start condition today & adjusted Start settings Temporarily to test it

All seemed ok till it got to 98% & would Not advance beond that it was in absorb mode Still after 1 1/2 hours

went back to multiplus settings & found absorb & float voltages had returned to previous settings (both the same) prior to version upgrade.

After re-inputting info & restarting multi charger settings were mostly ok but absorb Time was set back to 8 Hrs changed this again, on reboot I got a low battery alarm so turned off the inverter & restarted it (also rebooted the CCGX & Checked settings Again) since then it has been ok although batts still fail to get to 100% got to 99% but this may be due to needing longer absorb time or battery Balancing of the cells in the new pylontechs as per victron Pylontech Documentation

But it Starts & Stops the generator when it should according to settings in Gen start stop Conditions SOC Enable

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?