question

michaeli avatar image
michaeli asked

Warning installation too busy, realtime data link disabled

I have been using a RaspberyPi with Venus for a month or so no without any issues to monitor my SmartShunt and my JKBMS. using the realtime data was the whole reason I went with the smart shunt to begin with and it has been awesome until two days ago.

now for whatever reason I am getting the following message

Warning

Installation too busy, realtime data link disabled

IMG_2789.PNG

I can't see anything wrong with my setup. and I havent changed anything either. I have tried is on several other devices and types and browsers etc, but it doesn't work on anything in realtime anymore.

Can someone please advise me what to do next? I am considering reformatting my RPi and reinstalling Venus, but I really dont want to lose all my history just to "try". if this IS the fix then so be it, but I would like to hear from the community first.

I searched and can't find anyone else with this issue, so I am now at your mercy.

Thanks in advance

oh, it's a RPi 3B+ btw

VRMVenus OSRaspberry Pi
img-2789.png (382.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

9 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

@michael.i

Moving this to the modifications space.

RPi - you could clone the SD card, and as these are unreliable, not a bad idea anyway. Or start with a new card with the new OS, that way you can test without losing history, just a small gap.

But more likely a network/Comms issue.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

michaeli avatar image
michaeli answered ·

How do I clone the sd card?

2 |3000

over-and-under-victron avatar image
over-and-under-victron answered ·

Ever figure it out?

2 |3000

michaeli avatar image
michaeli answered ·

Not to my satisfaction. I moved over to Solar-Assistant and it's so much better in pretty much every way.

2 |3000

usernamepasswordbs avatar image
usernamepasswordbs answered ·

I'm not running RaspberryPi but I have the same problem on my computer and my phone. I had this problem since I installed the system then suddenly for no reason, it started working ok for two weeks and then back to "Installation busy realtime data link disabled" and it's been like that ever since.

2 |3000

Reading further on other peoples' similar issues, I wonder whether the fact that I have my RS450 connected to the Cerbo via Ve.Can rather than Ve.Direct could be a problem?

2 |3000

Here's the thing though, it seems to be realtime data in Remote Console. What does that tell me about where the fault is occurring? It seems the actual communication is ok but Dashboard cannot display it.

2 |3000

Been searching through the menus on Remote Console and found that in Settings/Services/BMS-can port/Network Status I have an "Active Error" with "Tec N/A" and "Rec N/A".

Also in Settings/Services/Ve.Can/Network Status I have an "Active Error" with "Tec 0" and "Rec 0".

Does this mean anything? I read about another question similar to this and the person was told to ignore it but they had only "Passive Error" and a slightly different set-up to mine.

2 |3000

Another anomaly, (or what seems like it could be one) found at Settings/Services/Ve.Can port/Devices. Both the Cerbo and the MPPT have a device number of 0.

2 |3000