question

ralphd avatar image
ralphd asked

Cerbo GX with Digital Multi Control - any benefit of having both?

Hi,

I am installing a Multiplus II on my boat. I already have installed two MPPT solar chargers and a Smart Shunt. I have bought both a Cerbo GX with the 50 touch display and a Digital Multi Control for the Multiplus II. I realize that some of the Cerbo touch functions are disabled and controlled by the Digital Multi Control if both are connected per section 2.4.1 of the Cerbo manual.

My question is this: Do I need the Digital Multi Control if I have the Cerbo GX with the 50 touch display? Is there anything that the Digital Multi Control can do that the Cerbo GX with the 50 touch display can not do?

Thank you,

Ralph

cerbo gxDigital Multi Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
freighttrain avatar image
freighttrain answered ·

If you are using lithium batteries and have a VE.Bus BMS in the system, the Cerbo cannot control the Multi. Thus, the DMC is essential for remote control of the Multi. If you have lead batteries or some variant of lead (AGM, SLA, Gel, etc.) then the Cerbo can remotely control the multi through the VE.Bus protocol.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ralphd avatar image
ralphd answered ·

I am using AGM batteries. Does this mean that the Cerbo can do everything that the DMC can and the DCM would not be needed?

Thank you-

2 |3000

freighttrain avatar image
freighttrain answered ·

Yes, that is correct.

2 |3000

hjohnson avatar image
hjohnson answered ·

I'm somewhat regretting my purchase of the MultiControl for my Lithium system. It's great to have while onboard, but it prevents me from remote controlling the system while the boat is sitting at idle at the dock. I wish that Victron would put out a firmware update that would allow you to override the DMC from the Cerbo.

2 |3000

Related Resources