question

Sam Smit avatar image
Sam Smit asked

Disconnect grid supply based on battery SOC

Hi Folks. Im running an MP2 3kVa with a single Pylontech US3000C (I unrestand this battery is undersized but it's a slowly ever growing system). I've noticed that even with a grid set point set at 0w, and VRM shows a zero grid import, a clamp meter over the incoming supply indicates a 0.55A (230v) draw. I can only assume this is for grid synchronization purposes. Now, my load on this inverter averages pretty much just about that.

So question is, im going to seperate my loads further so that loads will never exceed max discharge current of the battery and essentially have them run off grid (ie disconnect the AC input from the inverter). But is there a way I can have the AC In disconnected from the inverter when SOC is 20% + and only have grid reconnect when battery reaches the 20% without any external components? I think this can be done by using the external relay connected to a contactor of sorts but can this not be done using an assistant?

gridshorepowerac
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jurjenhoekstra avatar image
jurjenhoekstra answered ·

Hello @Sam Smit, are you using a GX (Venus GX, Color Control GX or Cerbo GX) in your setup? Then it should be possible. After some experimenting, I managed to make this setup on board of my yacht. You can look at this thread: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/85215/can-gx-generator-startstop-feature-control-ac-in-o.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic