question

alexv avatar image
alexv asked

Phoenix smart invert, no connection with cerbo when off.

Hi all,

Since I updated the firmware of my Phoenix inverter smart 2000va/12 volt to 1.30, it does not communicate with the cerbo GX anymore when it is off. (Via ve.direct cable) The previous version of the firmware did communicate every so many minutes.

Using v2.90~5 on cerbo. Not sure if it has to do with the cerbo firmware or inverter firmware. (I try to update Cerbo with latest version when changes affect my setup, so I can help testing)

If I use VictronConnect to communicate with the inverter via bluetooth, there also seems to be communication with the cerbo, because VRM shows it has seen it so many minutes ago.

Because it does not communicate, VRM and cerbo now suggest, to remove the device, which I do not want to do because it is still there.

Any suggestions, or is it a feature needed to minimize energy consumption?

Is it related to firmware on inverter, or firmware on Cerbo.

cerbo gxPhoenix Inverter
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alexv avatar image alexv commented ·

Hi All,

Just an update on my situation.

I use the Phoenix Inverter Control to switch on/off the inverter. When I switch it on, the Cerbo has communication with the inverter. If I then use the user interface of the Cerbo (or Victron Connect App) to turn the Inverter off in the menu/settings, the (VE.Direct) communication between the Cerbo and the Inverter continues, Also the led on the inverter control stays on when I switch it off via the menu.

So the communication only stops when I switch the Inverter off with the Inverter control.

I had the same setup last year and back then it worked fine. I could switch the Inverter on and off with the inverter control without loosing the connection. So I guess it has something to do with the 1.30 firmware update of the Inverter?

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers