question

leonb avatar image
leonb asked

Multi not charging battery but panels do

Hello All,

I have a client with a Multi II 5kva, and SolarMD battery. System worked 100% but now the Multi will not charge battery but the solar panels charge the battery no problem. Discharge from battery no problem!!

Any idea why this could happen

Regards

Multiplus-IIbattery charging
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@LeonB

Any GX in the system?

What else is programmed on the system?

0 Likes 0 ·
6 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Any chance someone disabled the charger?

charger.jpg

charger.jpg (74.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Is ignore AC in set on?

2 |3000

elvis avatar image
elvis answered ·

Multiplus Mode setting?

Inverter only

Charger only

On

Off

2 |3000

Dale avatar image
Dale answered ·

Okay I'd had same issue. I had to removed the AC connection that comes from the solar inverter and move it to my consumer unit. That solved the charging issue. I also had a CT issue where it was dropping solar pv from the gx. This I brought a AC CT clamp set it up in virtual assistant and put it in AUX 2 then it worked. (not immediately mind its took two days for me to realise it needs to be in AUX 2) Hope this solves your issues my ESS is working again yayyy

2 |3000

Dale avatar image
Dale answered ·

This has now dropped the PV yet again so it wasn't the sensor I suspect. however my batteries are charging. could do with some support on this from @victron

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Have you contacted your distributor for support, since they are the official channel?

You will get tips from the community here but it is not an official support channel.

If you don't know who your distie is, there is a link here somewhere you can search for which will provide this info.

0 Likes 0 ·
leonb avatar image
leonb answered ·

Thanks for all the input guys. I eventually copied another site with same setup,and configured the multi and still no luck. I think its going back to Victron now to sort out.

Cheers

2 |3000