question

solarsam avatar image
solarsam asked

VRM dashboard and Remote Console

Yesterday I finished setting up a new system on VRM. Had some issues with unstable internet connection, so I installed a booster and reconnected Venus GX to internet and VRM portal.

After that, when in VRM I got an error message (which I annoyingly didn’t screenshot) saying something like “a minute ago, an unauthorised device received data. If a new Raspberry Pi device has been added, you can reset authentication token. If a Victron GX device, contact your dealer”. I was unable to get any updates from VRM during this time.

Now, I work for the dealer and no one in our business had an answer. Given we were already pressed with this customer and needed to get a solution for him, I decided to try the “reset authentication token” on a whim

After this, his VRM dashboard now looks completely different (no schematic power flow), and I am no longer able to access remote console despite being activated, connected to VRM and logging data.

I’m curious if resetting authentication token has done this (yes, I realise I shouldn’t be pressing buttons to which I do not know the result), and if there is any way to re enable schematic view and remote console?

VRMremote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ako avatar image
ako answered ·

Are you by any chance seeing this dashboard , it sounds like you are as you say " no schematic power flow " mine has suddenly decided to display itself this way also and i dont think i did anything that could explain it , if so then maybe the fault is with VRM .

missing-information.png

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.