question

kenf150 avatar image
kenf150 asked

smart shunt trend and current firmware?

the manual implies that you can get several days of information by looking at the trend, but I only see what has happened since I started that session? what could be going wrong? While Victron Connect says I have the correct firmware, what is the most up to date version for the smart shunt?

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

I find nothing in the manual that implies "several days" of information. It does state that two of four pieces can be logged, but only while VC is active.

5.6 Trends The “Trends” section of VictronConnect enables datalogging, but only while VictronConnect is connected and communicating with the SmartShunt. It will simultaneously log two of the following parameters: voltage, current, power consumed Ah or state of charge.

The history tab contains several items that are permanently stored.

If you want long term logging beyond manual sections 5.5 and 5.6, you'll need a Cerbo GX or a Raspberry Pi running Venus OS. This will enable you to log data for 6 months at 1 min intervals.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kenf150 avatar image kenf150 commented ·

Maybe it is a new feature? The Manual I can see on line now says (and then has a picture of the phone showing the graph):

5.4. Trends

The VictronConnect app provides battery monitor data logging. Providing that the firmware battery monitor is up to date, the battery monitor will store up to 45 days of past data and two of the following parameters can be viewed alongside:

• Voltage (V).

• Current (A).

• Power (W).

• Consumed Amp Hours (Ah).

• State of charge (%).

• Temperature (°C).

0 Likes 0 ·
snoobler avatar image snoobler kenf150 commented ·

Looks like I'm behind the times with my BMV-702, but it looks like the new feature is in beta:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/97844/victronconnect-new-feature-coming-stored-trend-gra.html

0 Likes 0 ·
kenf150 avatar image
kenf150 answered ·

Thanks for the link...very helpful

2 |3000