question

Fra avatar image
Fra asked

Solar data record after switching to victronenergy products?

would like to understand in detail how to record all the data of my new smartsolar and smartshuunt over time. And how to use the VRM portal.

IN the switch between Epever to victronenergy system I have lost the ability to record data. I used to record up to 30,000 records every 10 minutes for 4 months with an Epever accessory costing $ 20. Epever E-log.

VRMmonitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

to record on the VRM you will need a Cerbo GX or Venus GX or CCGX one of these then connects all your other victron units to the free VRM

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

edit.

Take a look at my installation. (I think this works?).

3 comments
2 |3000

Fra avatar image Fra commented ·
Thanks you. It's very good!! But unfortunately cerbo, venus, or color control are to much expensive for me at the moment, only to record data.

Epever sell for 20 euros the accessory to record data and for 30 euros the wifi module that can connect to their cloud internet system with a normal router.

It exists some similar in victronenergy to use VRM with a standard router? If not, I will give up the data record function for the moment. Shame.

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ Fra commented ·

There is also the option to run Venus on a Raspberry Pi. This will have the same function as a Cerbo, Venus or CCGX, but its cheaper and ideal for small systems like yours. Maybe if you already have a Raspberry Pi then it will be no cost.

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2017/09/06/raspberry-pi-running-victrons-venus-firmware/

0 Likes 0 ·
Fra avatar image Fra wkirby ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks you. I need to learn more about raspberry systems. I absolutely know nothing about...
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources