question

wvjug avatar image
wvjug asked

Getting "Another export was started[...]" for every CSV download from specific VRM Installation

While trying to download CSV exports from the VRM portal for a specific installation, all I got in the export was the error message "Another export was started; since only one export may run at any given time this export was cancelled." I've confirmed that no one else with access had tried to download an export at the time, and tried re-downloading from this installation multiple times over 4 days with the same result. Interestingly, this problem isn't present in the other installations and I have been able to download from them just fine.

I also tried automating the downloads using a script and the VRM API which has downloaded every hour over the past 4 days with the same results: the downloads from the other installations worked except for this specific installation. I'm suspecting it's a system issue but still unsure. Would appreciate any input on this!

VRMsoftwareapi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @wvjug,

What was the specific installation? and I'll see what I can find out about this.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

thomas-3 avatar image thomas-3 commented ·

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) I work with @wvjug and we still are unable to resolve this issue. We can't download existing data.

What do you need to identify the installation? We can provide access.

I would guess that the issue is there is an existing attempt to download data that has hung up, or is currently backlogged and is preventing future download attempts from any query. Can you help us resolve this?

Thomas

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ thomas-3 commented ·

If you post the site ID I can try passing it on, but there are no promises, Victron explicitly does not provide support for this API.

The specific engineers who would be required to look into it are very focused on some long requested new features for all users right now.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources