question

justin-adan avatar image
justin-adan asked

Weird behaviour of one of my Pylontechs with a quattro

Hi all,

Having a bit of weird one with one of my US3000c's. Ive got 6 connected, but one of them seems to be out of sync, or not playing welll with the others. This is a recent behaviour that started a few weeks ago. I''ve tried to let the the entire bank get down to about 10%, then recharge so the BMS, can pick up and recconnect the battery, but no luck so far.

Long story short, by bank now only charges to 89% and that one battery seems to never charge. Any ideas as to where I should start looking?

I am getting an internal alarm error which I am assuming is coming from that one battery which from what I can see is being disconnected from the rest.

Pylontechquattro 10kva
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Justin Adan

Is it the outer ones in the stack? Or one of the centre ones?

It is a current sharing issue. I am not a total fan of the stack setup.

Because it is not able to charge up the one, the soc wont reach 100% but will if you remove it for now. Then limit your inverter output (only works with grid connect).

Sometimes taking it out of the stack and charging gently separately might help. Otherwise it needs to be checked by the supplier/distributor. Or change its position in the bank.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

justin-adan avatar image
justin-adan answered ·

It is indeed one of the middle ones, its now showing an alarm on the battery itself, so my installer is going to come and check it out.

4 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Justin Adan

Glad you had installer support.

What was the conclusion here, a battery charging issue or a battery problem

0 Likes 0 ·
justin-adan avatar image justin-adan Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Seems that battery might have something that is wrong in its BMS, its going off to be looked at
0 Likes 0 ·
justin-adan avatar image justin-adan justin-adan commented ·
Ok so final conclusion, battery had one dud cell so its been sent in for replacement
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ justin-adan commented ·
Thank you for the feedback!
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron Pylontech battery compatibility guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic