question

Chris avatar image
Chris asked

Any known issues with firmware 430 on a Multiplus 5kW ?

Two 5kw Multis operating in parrallel - single phase system.

Bench configured and all was well. However, while loading the system up in anger on site, some strange things happen. Master goes into overload and the slave bugs out.

It was looking like they were working together as you woudl expect - i.e. mirroring each other.

Also....

When generator is operating - the Multis seem to load it up to around 300w then they trip again on overload.

Cabling is as near as damnit same lengths.

battery chargingmultiplus ve.busoffgridmultiplus in parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

If it works on the bench and not on site with the same firmware, then the wiring is the part that changed, so I'd be looking there.
Are the AC-IN cables also dimensionally identical? When AC is present at the input, the backfeed relay shuts and then those cables influence the cables on AC-OUT too.
Are the cables well sized? Over dimensioned cable CSA can easily cause imbalances in the AC current. Similarly, very short runs cause current imbalances.

It's recommended to update the firmware for new installations anyway, 430 is getting on a bit now.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Chris avatar image
Chris answered ·

Well... it worked as in as much as it could without any proper loads, or the genny, plugged into a socket. Mainly just programmed to work as the pair and getting as close as i could before being depioyed.. This was (over) a year ago, and the system has been mothballed in a store since - ready to go to on a boat to an island.
I wondered if there were any glaring bugs in 430 that would cause trippy issues.

1 comment
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·
I personally don't remember any issues of this type with 430.

Update the firmware to the latest for good measure, but I don't think it will solve the issue.

0 Likes 0 ·