question

jimmym avatar image
jimmym asked

Inverter only plus 2 BMVs

I'm building a system for my RV. I have a 12V 460AH LiFePO4 bank with a JBD BMS (to be connected using 485-USB ). For that bank I also have a BMV-702 (to be connected via VE.Direct-USB ). I have a Victron BlueSolar 75/15 charger (to be connected via VE.Direct-USB ). I'll be adding an Inverter (Victron Phoenix 1200VA 12V/120V60Hz to be connected via VE.Direct-USB ). I also have a 60A converter configured for lithium charging. I want to add a second BMV (SmartShunt) to monitor converter output.

Is it possible to show this second BMV in the screen as another charging source in addition to the BlueSolar?

BMV Battery MonitorVenus OSBMSdc meter
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·
If you set the BMV /smartshunt as a Solar monitor then I THINK it will display as a extra solar charger on the Solar tile when using Kevins GUI software. this way you can see the extra charging source. I understand its not quite correct - but It may give you the info you are seeking
0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B Paul B commented ·
Note it has to be a BMV 702 or 712 or smartshunt a BMV700 does not seem to have the option to change it to a diferant type of monitor
0 Likes 0 ·
jimmym avatar image jimmym Paul B commented ·
I had read something similar in here as well. That you could only set the BMV-702/712 and smartShunt as DC Meters above a certain firmware level.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

You can define a second battery monitor as a charging source and it will appear in the device list however it will not currently appear anywhere on the overview pages. Quite a bit of work needs to be done in the firmware and the GUI to display the additional battery monitors on the overviews page. New tiles will be needed in addition to finding space for them on already crowded pages.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources