question

southsideph avatar image
southsideph asked

Xplorer LiFePO4

Planning a new installation for my studio, and looking at different batteries, wondered if anyone had any experience with the Xplorer LiFePO4. Installation will centres around Cerbo GX. The specification says it has connector.

1650647254409.png

Suggests it has CABbus interface, wondering if it would interface with Cerbo GX.

Rgds

cerbo gxLithium Battery
1650647254409.png (81.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Not really enough information to provide help. Would need a model number, etc in order to locate tech info, or you can do it yourself.

As var as I know specific interfaces are required for each battery within Venus OS so just because the battery has a CANbus port doesn't mean it'll work with Cerbo.

The manufacturer may state it will work with Victron GX devices or may say nothing. Maybe you can contact them?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

southsideph avatar image southsideph commented ·

Xplorer Polarmax 12.8V 100AH.

Model: XP-12100F-M110A

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem southsideph commented ·
Nothing helpful on the Alpha web site. No mention of external BMS communications except the CANbus connector pinout. I suggest you contact them and discuss your needs. Otherwise, select a different battery that does advertise interaction with Victron GX devices.

The alternative is a battery with internal BMS that functions without any control. In this case, you need other components like a battery manager to monitor the battery and provide state of charge, etc. to the Victron control system.

0 Likes 0 ·