question

Paul B avatar image
Paul B asked

2 x Quattro 24/8000 units and 2 x 250/85 Mppts units DC Coupled

This is on a Large 34 Mtr boat thats at a marina most of the time and at other times out on charter.

Now The part I am having issues is as the AC1 in (and we can export power but very unlikey that this would occur) (country set to OTHER) and setting up the assistant works fine so that the solar power is use first and the grid supplements this as needed.

Self consumption Hub 1, Connected to the Mains no feed back (requires a country code Other used)

The issue is that when the Generator starts (AC1 in disconnected) then when it trys to Sync and connect its immediately disconnected due to a LOM issue . (it did show the error but I did not take a photo) anyway is there a way to stop this LOM issue I did try o disable this but it needed a password, so I could not do it to set if that would work.

Basically we dont need to export any solar to the grid, we just want to use all the DC connected solar and then supply the balance of the power from the GEN or the Shore Power when connected. the Marina charges stupid fees for there power so we want to use a little as possible (like 5 times normal domestic prices)

Any other better solutions for setup or advise are welcome

setup as below and all works well

2 x Quattro 24/8000 units FW 433 in Parralle

1 x CCGX Fw 2.23

1 x BMV 712

2 x Smart Solar 250/85 MPPT Regulators

20kw Lithium Battery bank

We have main Grid power connected to AC1 in

We have Onon 18Kw Generator connected to AC2 in with Autostart connected to the CCGX

We have connected AC1 out to the Boat (AC2 is not used)

the Solar regs are connected directly to the Batteries

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerEnergy Metergrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Paul. This reeks of generator power rejection. I don't wish it on anyone, but I suffer it. Described here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq

Before I mastered my 'cure' the only notification I had was the clack of (presumably) the MEN relay in the box, and maybe a couple retries. No assistants installed though, but you have that, and expect that's the cause of your LOM error.

Somewhere to start..

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

the two Onon Generators worked fine without the assistants. and the Country code selected.

Disabling the LOM for AC-IN 2 has resolved the rejection issue completely.

and changing to use the ESS Assistant makes the system work perfectly plus its easy to adjust in the CCGX ESS settings menu.

I am Very Pleased with the result and I am sure the customer will be as well, There first test this week end

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ Paul B commented ·

Love to hear what you finally derive from this, in terms of causes or anything relevant..

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B JohnC ♦ commented ·

it seems to be working however I am seeing high generator amps and its not matching the consumed power on the system

So there maybe some form of return power projection,

the boats currently out but we still have coverage to monitor it

any suggestions on how to stop or reduce that issue if its happening

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ Paul B commented ·

You didn't crack it for a cruise, ha? Bit beyond my pay grade, but ESS on a boat/no-grid seems to fly in the face of the rulez.. maybe it's related.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B JohnC ♦ commented ·

Its connected to the grid most of the time when its in its Pen, so its no different to a power cut, I would have thought

0 Likes 0 ·