question

techmuc avatar image
techmuc asked

Multi plus 2 as pure offgrid inverter

Hi,

Is it possible to use the multiplus 2 without any AC-IN ( Neither generator nor grid available)? I want to use the multi plus 2 as a pure sine inverter for the moment. The setup is: pylontech battery (4.8kwh), smartsolar 250 60, multiplus 2 3000 - - > AC loads (max 2kw).

As I will probably use ESS with grid in a year or so, I'd prefer the multiplus over the Phoenix inverter - but I can not find a scenario in the multiplus manual without any power source (besides battery and panels). I assume it will work (and e.g. Safely limit like the Phoenix in case of overload) but it would be nice to have it confirmed by someone ( or even a reference to a manual which I missed).

Thanks a lot!

Timo

Phoenix Invertermultiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@techmuc

It is possible to do so. I have one that is always offgrid.

Just because it can connect doesn't mean it has to be connected.

Can be confirmed by the AC ignore assistant, virtual switch options etc. Where you can have it choose to disconnect itself based on certain conditions.

As long as you have sized your bank to provide the necessary current to safely shut itself down in case of overload your system will be fine.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

techmuc avatar image techmuc commented ·

Thanks a lot. The battery can provide 75amps (long term) and way more short term..

I wonder though what is the unique sales argument for the higher level smart Phoenix (e.g. The 3k version). Same price or even more expensive than the multiplus with less features ..

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ techmuc commented ·

75A x 48V is 3600W continuous or nominal rating.

So should be all good there.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic