question

misullivan avatar image
misullivan asked

Easysolar 24/3000/70 just stopped output (2 of them!)

All,

Prefix: I haven't had my hands on them physically since this issue came up, will get my first look tomorrow.

Got 2 of my customers in the last week, one with Lithium setup less than 6 months old, the other with 12x2vx1000ah telecom batteries that has been installed and running for more than 2 years, both call me up, "my power is off, and can't get it back on"..

One is installed in a truck, the other is installed in an off-grid house in the bush. The bush one is internet connected for sure (at least was until it failed) the other I don't know.. however alarm bells are ringing because both failing a week apart is a bit too coincidental.

Both have the GX device working, both are showing charge from the solar chargers and no errors on the Multiplus. Both have the green 'inverting' LED solid on. No other lights on. The truck based one has been power cycled (full including removal of DC) with no effect, the house one I will get to tomorrow, but it has been switched off and the Color-GX has been rebooted. Both show '0W' ac-loads and no output, all breakers have been switched and reset, still no reported power.

Anyone seen anything like this before?

Tomorrow the 'truck' one is coming to visit in the AM, and I will visit the house PM, so will be able to get a look and test, but it seems strange that both systems (different customers, different setups, same EasySolar unit, bought 18 months apart, running all the same firmware) would have identical faults/symptoms within 7 days of each other.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Michelle

EasySolar All-in-Onemultiplus ve.busoffgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
misullivan avatar image
misullivan answered ·

..and the answer for both..

Operator error.

Truck one despite me telling the guy to test with a known working device (like a lamp) he tested with a faulty battery charger!

House one, the output trip had activated for an earth-fault and the operator didn't read "output" under it! :/

Both inverters were working fine.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Happy to hear to it, thanks for the update.

I've been caught out myself by unrelated failures with strange co-incidences in timing. Human nature to try and find a pattern I think.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

EasySolar 1600 product page

EasySolar-II GX 3000 & 5000 product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron Offgrid page