question

ian-paddock avatar image
ian-paddock asked

MultiPlus Input current limit unable to set below 4.5 amps

I have a MultiPlus 24/3000/70-50 with a Color Controller. After a firmware update, I am unable to set the Input current below 4.5 amps. If I select a value less than 4.5 amps on the Color Controller the value goes to 4.5 amps.

Interestingly, if I set 2.5 amps (and have the system not accept the value and display 4.5 amps) and then use the Remote VE Configure the 2.5 amp setting is present in the file. The system still displays and uses 4.5 amps as the limit.

I have attempted to change the setting via the remote VE Configure as well and am still stuck at 4.5 amps. The system will happily accept larger values.

My back up charging from the engine alternators requires a 2.5 amp setting. Thanks for any assistance.

The Color Controller is running firmware v2.84.

input current
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Ian Paddock

It is a limitation of the multiplus. I dont know what model you have but most cannot go under 4 amps This thread has more information and specifics

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ian-paddock avatar image ian-paddock commented ·

Thanks @Alexandra. I turned off PowerAssist and can get the setting back to the 2.5 amps that my back up charging requires.

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic