question

uk-exile avatar image
uk-exile asked

How much load will a Phoenix inverter take without the fan running?

How much load will a Phoenix inverter take without the fan running?
Will the 375W supply 150W in 25 degree C still air and the fan remain off?

I’m looking to replace another brand 12V 300W inverter that runs it’s fan most of the time, even at <100W load and when air temp is <15 degC
Phoenix Inverterfan
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

uk-exile avatar image uk-exile commented ·
Maybe I should use the 500W instead? Load is a modern digital inverter fridge freezer so load varies 50-70W and increases a few hours a day when we used TV or laptop on same inverter.
0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Sorry, looks like no one knows. I've not seen this sort of thing published. Might be worth asking your dealer. But I guess you have a better chance with a 500.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

uk-exile avatar image uk-exile commented ·

I've asked local dealer who doesn't know and have emailed sales@victronenergy.com but no reply. Tempted to buy another brand now. My current inverter is fine, it's just the fan noise (and ultimately fan bearing longevity) that's making me think about changing it

I expected there to be a manufacturer chart showing still air temperature and constant load when it operates with and without fan.

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@uk_exile

I can't answer your question directly, but I have a Phoenix Inverter 12/375 with a constant load of about 150W in my boat. Temperatures are always around 25°C or slightly above. I've never noticed the fan running. It is either particularly quiet or switched off.

2 |3000

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I have a little 12/250 Phoenix. A 100W continuous load causes the fan to switch on after about 30 minutes. It does go off again after a minute or two and then off again for about 10 minutes.
This is at a more comfortable room temperature of 18°C though.

2 |3000

uk-exile avatar image
uk-exile answered ·

Thanks all. Seems like 1/3 load is about where the fan might occasionally turn on so with fridge only the 375W would probably be fan off. However I think I'll get the 500W as it's standby load is virtually the same as the 375W and even though the fan might be very quiet fans do wear out

2 |3000

Related Resources

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic