question

steve-moore-vale avatar image
steve-moore-vale asked

Victron phoenix inverter fan

Hi. I am using a 375w phoenix inverter and plan on plugging in a 250w heater. It works fine but as the unit is under load the fans come on and stay on as long as the heater I have plugged in is running. Is it going to be bad for the fan if I run the heater overnight so the fan will be run constantly for several hours at a time. With how fast and loud the fan is I feel that running it so hard for so long over a period of time will just kill it. Any advice welcome.

Phoenix Inverterfan
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Obo avatar image
Obo answered ·

The Phoenix 375VA model has a continuous output power of 300W at 25 degrees or 260W at 40 degrees. These are ambient air temperatures.
I would plug the heater in and double-check the power draw. If it's still under the above specification, then it will be fine to operate.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

frankdg avatar image
frankdg answered ·

Hi ,

I have an older Victron Phoenix 350/700 inverter.

What is the tickness of the 1,5m long cable....4 of 6mm2 ? (12 of 10 AWG?)

The manual says by vertical mounting that the "fan" must be at the bottom side .... why?

Does the fan "suck in" cool air ?

Or does the fan "blow out" the warm air?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic