question

wortsprung avatar image
wortsprung asked

Using refrigerator in ECO-mode phoenix inverter?

Hello everybody,

I have an island solar system with 300Wp and was able to successfully connect a refrigerator to my Phoenix Inverter 375/12. In fact, the inverter easily manages the starting voltage. All is well.

But I'm not sure if I can switch to ECO mode. In ECO mode, the inverter asks every 2.5 seconds whether power is requested. Can a normal compressor refrigerator (Telefunken cf-32-150, 62 kwh / year) handle it without being damaged?

Thank you for your feedback.

Volker

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Every 'old fashioned' fridge with a mechanical thermostat is perfectly able to be used with the eco-setting.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wortsprung avatar image wortsprung commented ·

thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
criftins-campers avatar image criftins-campers commented ·

Sorry but you are wrong and are contradicting the information I have provided in another post

My fridge stalls randomly but only when used with the eco mode.

0 Likes 0 ·
criftins-campers avatar image
criftins-campers answered ·

In theory the polling time should not cause a problem but how a particular make and model of fridge reacts might!

So you are very much in the realms of having try it and see which is not ideal!

it would be a very expensive exercise to keep trying different makes or even models of fridge if compatibility is an issue!

I am having issues with an Inventor 43l A++ fridge when used with the eco mode.

I have provided details in my comments to a similar question here:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/19778/phoenix-inverter-eco-mode-issue-with-refrigerator.html

2 |3000