question

laimena avatar image
laimena asked

Cerbo GX on VRM

Hello, i just bought a Cerbo GX and trying to connect with VRM, it is said request access. need approval from administrator. i'm lost. i tried to contact the Seller, seller don't have knowledge. tried to contact Area Manager, he gave me distributor contact. tried to email the distributor but no luck. i need to setting ESS on my Multiplus II 48/3000. can't do that without VRM remote access. thank you

my running firmware is 2.84.

screenshot-2022-03-16-193613.png

cerbo gxVRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The seller should have deleted the cerbo from their setup first.

screenshot-2022-03-16-at-133658.png

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

laimena avatar image laimena commented ·
but the seller claimed they have no knowledge. thank you. is there any way to over ride it?
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ laimena commented ·
Not without Victron's help, they will usually insist you manage this via the distributor.

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) are you able to assist here?

0 Likes 0 ·
laimena avatar image laimena nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
i tried to contact the distributor in Canada as per Area Manager Carsten Michelsen gave me their email. but no reply from the distributor. @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) please assist me. i do have the purchase invoice
0 Likes 0 ·
laimena avatar image
laimena answered ·

ok, just now seller contact me and i already can add the Cerbo GX device. thank you @nickdb for your fast reply and kind assistant

2 |3000

vir avatar image
vir answered ·

if the seller deletes the cerbo from their setup, will the configuration in the cerbo remain the same?

i have the same issue currently with the VRM message above. I am the first owner.

otherwise, if the seller gives me admin rights that i can access from my own VRM portal, can i then remove the seller admin from my device? thanks

2 |3000