question

rainerb avatar image
rainerb asked

Bug in Remote VEConfigure/VRM with Multi-Restart warning?

Hello,

lately I had an unintended restart of my MultiPlus because I didn't get any notification that my changed settings requires a restart.

I edited a fresh Remote VE Configure file and changed battery monitor settings (battery capacity and charge efficiency). Neither VE.Configure3 nor the VRM Upload function gave me a restart warning.

Interesting detail: when I open VE.Configure3 with a "Fake target with full options", I get notifications in the bottom status line of the software that a restart is required.

My system:

- Multiplus 24/3000 (v433)

- Venus GX (v2.23)

Maybe someone could check this out too?

Best regards

Rainer

VRMVEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jpasop (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
jpasop (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @RainerB thank you for your report.

We could reproduce the issue. There is indeed a bug in remote VEConfigure.

The current (and past) Venus versions ( <= v2.23) unfortunately always reset the Multi when the following settings are changed.

1. Battery Capacity
  2. Start and stop limits for low power AES mode
  3. State of charge when Bulk finished (only resets with Multi firmware versions < 200)

These resets where necessary for older Multi firmware versions only.

We will fix it for the coming Venus release.

Kind regards,

Jos

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @RainerB, thanks for this! we’ll look into it.

2 |3000

Related Resources