question

ggk1 avatar image
ggk1 asked

Idc Invert much higher than IOut?

Hey guys I'm pretty new to all of this- but it seems wrong that I'm getting a reading of 95 amps as my Idc invert but only 20.2 amps as my IOut. I would've figured those two would be closely matched.

So when calculating how many hours I should be getting out of my battery should I be using the 95 number or the 20 number? And if those shouldn't be so different, how would you trouble shoot that?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVE.Busbattery capacity48v battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

It would be terrible if the input and output current was the same.
You need to think about the power in vs the power out instead, the current is only half of the equasion. The Voltage is the other half of the equasion.
I'm going to assume you have a 48V inverter? So 95x48 = 4560W
The 230V ouput would be 230x20.2 = 4646W. So you can see that the power in and the power out are pretty much the same, this is what you want to see.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ggk1 avatar image
ggk1 answered ·

Thank you so much. Your explanation makes sense. I just didn't realize I should be using 48v for the Idc invert rather than the 230.

Thank you!

2 |3000