question

oldmate95 avatar image
oldmate95 asked

Xiaomi Mijia BLE Temperature Sensors Rpi3

Just wondering if anybody might have the know-how to integrate the afforable Xiaomi Mijia BLE LYWSD03MMC temperature/humidity sensors with dbus on VenusOS RPi3?

Theres a custom firmware available to tweak the transmitted data, which might make it easier to integrate? https://github.com/pvvx/ATC_MiThermometer

https://hackaday.com/2020/12/08/exploring-custom-firmware-on-xiaomi-thermometers/

https://github.com/algirdasc/xiaomi-ble-mqtt

Its great that the Ruuvi sensors are integrated & available, they're just a little out of my budget.

I've had success with 1wire ds18b20 in VenusOS but I'd love to move towards bluetooth sensors in my RV with VictronMPPT & inverter.

Thanks

Venus OSRaspberry PiTemperature SensorBluetooth Low Energy - BLE
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lennycb avatar image lennycb commented ·

maybe it's of some use to you. On FB someone posted a code that will give you some percentages. Code: VictronFB (valid to 17.03.2022)

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

Getting someone without one of these sensors to deliver a workable solution will be a challenge, If you have some coding capability, take a look at the Rudi<>dbus driver and modify it to support the new sensor.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lennycb avatar image
lennycb answered ·

I opened this discussion here and elsewhere a while ago. Unfortunately, there will probably be no one who will install it or that is not wanted either (I have the suspicion)

Yes, the Ruuvis cost a lot. Yesterday I was able to take part in a collective order. Then they cost just under €26.80. Maybe you are looking for a few people with whom you can make a collective order.

2 |3000

kurtinge avatar image
kurtinge answered ·

As of interest when it comes to the Xiaomi, Mijia and Aqara sensors, is the water leakage sensor in their portfolio. This sensor is working great and the information of such a sensor is of great interest for boaters ans sailors. That's for sure.
Also the have a motion/vibration sensor in their portfolio, but this is not very useful as it seems like a bit too much binary.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Raspberry Pi running Victron’s Venus firmware - Blog Post

Venus OS Large image: Signal K and Node-RED - Install

raspberrypi install venus image

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron Venus OS Open Source intro page

Venus OS GitHub (please do not post to this)